Fees & Insurance
Private Pay Fees
Individual Counseling: $120 (50 minutes)
Couples Counseling: $140 (50 minutes)
Sex Therapy: $140 (50 minutes)
Discernment Counseling: $300 initial (1 hour and 40 minutes); $150 follow-up (1 hour and 15 minutes)
Payment: You will be prompted to pay via Pay Pal when you book your appointment. If necessary, alternate payment arrangements can be made.
If you have one of the following plans, you may be eligible for mental health benefits, which I can bill directly. I am in-network with the following providers:
- Bay Care
I accept the following EAP plans:
- Bay Care
- Ceridian LifeWorks
- Empathia Life Matters
- Mutual of Omaha
If you don’t have one of the above providers, I can provide a receipt for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- Camaraderie Foundation: If you have actively served in the military since Sept. 1, 2001 and your issue is a result of your deployment, you may be eligible for a scholarship covering all of your counseling expenses. Partners can be enrolled as well. Apply at CamaraderieFoundation.com, or contact Steven Soares at
Before using your insurance, I recommend you call them and ask the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- If so, what is the deductible and has it been met?
- What is the coinsurance or copay amount?
- Do I need to get an authorization or referral prior to seeing my counselor?
Also, you should be aware that:
- I have to code you with a mental disorder, which becomes a part of your permanent record
- Insurance oversight with regard to treatment modality and length may limit my ability to fully respond to your needs