Policies and Fees
My rates per session:
$100 per individual session and $120 for individual sex therapy or couples therapy
Credit Card; please fill out Credit Card Authorization Form
Insurance: I do not accept insurance. In order to do so, I would have to diagnose you with a mental disorder, which then is stored externally and not under my direct control. In addition, insurance companies will dictate your care- how many sessions I can provide and what type I therapy I can do. I prefer to maintain maximum privacy and flexibility; this is why I do not accept insurance. If you have insurance but would prefer (and cannot afford) self-pay, please call and inquire about my rates. I reserve a percentage of my caseload for reduced rate clients.
- You will be seen on an appointment basis. Because this appointment is reserved for you, advance notice is appreciated so that I can schedule another client in your place. Specifically, you will be charged for your appointment if you cancel within 48 hours. Because email is unreliable, please do not use email to cancel or reschedule appointments. If I do not receive your email, you may be charged for your appointment. These charges must be paid before another appointment can be scheduled.
- I may not answer my telephone if I am in session or otherwise engaged. Please leave me a message and I will return your call as soon as I am able. I check my messages frequently and most calls get returned within 24 hours.
- If you are in crisis and I am not readily available please contact The Crisis Center at 211, go to the emergency room of a hospital, or call 911.
- You will be paying $100 per individual session and $120 for individual sex therapy or couples therapy, unless I have made other arrangements with you. Sessions are 50 minutes long to allow me to complete clinical paperwork. Arrangements can be made for longer or shorter sessions.
- Payment is due when services are rendered. If you are paying by charge card, arrangements can be made to set up a recurring charge for our mutual convenience.
- There will be a charge equal to my hourly rate for telephone consultations, composing letters, or any other similar requests for my time outside of the therapy hour. For requests involving photocopying, in accordance with Rule 64B8-10.003, Florida Administrative Code, there will be a charge of $1.00 per page for the first 25 pages and $.25 for each additional page.
- There will be a charge of $250/hr, with a 4 hour minimum, for any forensic services (ie. responding to subpoenas, talking with attorneys, etc.) This amount will be payable in advance and includes driving and waiting time.
- Clients are responsible for any charges incurred from the collection of delinquent accounts.
- Returned checks and credit card chargebacks will be subject to a $50 fee.
- Online policies: (1) CounselorBarb does not accept “Friend” requests on her Facebook profile, please connect with her on her business page instead; (2) CounselorBarb may conduct a web search on her clients prior to or during the therapy process. If you have any concerns or questions regarding this practice, please let her know; (3) Do not use email for urgent or confidential matters.